Monday, June 25, 2012

Off to the field...



Finally, after almost four weeks, I am heading out on Wednesday at 5am for Zanskar Valley to start the field component of my research.  It will take us 2 days of travel to reach Padum, the main town in Zanskar.  I will be travelling and working with K.C., the field manager for that region.  He will be my interviewer and translator at the 8 different villages where we will survey.  I am very excited to finally be making headway on my project but also a tidbit nervous that it could go horribly awry, especially since this is my first go at research of this kind and the pre-field time here has looked completely different than what I was hoping for.  Oh dear! 

I will be staying with K.C. and his family for the 2 weeks I will be there and then we will both head back on July 9th.  From what I hear, Internet access is sparse but I will document as much as possible and update the blog when I can.

What Zanskar may look like...
Prayers and good thoughts would be greatly welcome and appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment