Thursday, May 31, 2012

IAD --> AMS --> DEL -->IXL



hello hello hello!  i head out for india this afternoon and thought i would quickly post a little about where i will be spending my next ~3 months.

as some of you know, since i was about six years old, i have been telling my parents that 'when i grow up I'm going to be a biologist and save the snow leopards.'  whelp, 20 years later not much has changed.  today marks the first day of my trip to northern india to work with the Snow Leopard Conservancy India Trust (www.snowleopardhimalayas.org).

the whole process of getting to this point of departure has been pretty vague and filled with uncertainty - hence the use of the word ambiguity in the title of this blog.  though there may be more unknowns than knowns in this adventure, i am incredibly excited for what is in store over these next few months.

the town i will be spending most of my time in is Leh (shown in the map below) and it is located in the state of Kashmir at 11,500 feet at the base of some of the most incredible mountains in the world.  i am both excited and terrified at the same time but as my brother is good at reminding me this is the price of adventure.  and i dearly love adventure...
                                                                     

3 comments:

  1. Alison -- I wish you a wonderful 3 months with the snow leopards!! Your childhood dream has come true, and I remember taking you, JB and Julianne to the Baltimore Zoo years ago to see the baby snow leopards on loan there!! What an awesome adventure you are about to begin!!! Learn, see and enjoy all that you are about to experience. I love you!! AJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now I am a blogger -- who knew!!! I learned something new today!!

    ReplyDelete